A Rational Faith
In 2008, I completed my book A Rational Faith: Modern Biblical Literalism wherein I try to present the outline of a rational Christian worldview. Below are the sections of the book that I have published so far on this site.
Chapter 2: The Case Against the Christian Faith
I have written a superior summary of the arguments for atheism in “Reasons to Disbelieve“.
- Section 3.1 Interpreting the Bible
- Section 3.2 The Nature of God
- Section 3.3 The Nature of Man
- Section 3.4 The Supremacy of Jesus Christ
- Section 3.5 The Nature of God’s Provision
- Section 3.6 The Nature of Death
- Section 3.7 The Nature of Hell
- Section 3.8 The Nature of Evil
- Section 3.9 The Nature of Holiness
- Section 3.10 The Nature of the Law
- Section 3.11 The Nature of Abomination
- Section 3.12 The Nature of God’s Sovereignty
- Section 3.13 The Nature of the Atonement
Chapter 7: God at Work in Human History
- Section 7.6 God’s Servant Moses
- Section 7.7.3 The Great Sin of Elisha
- Section 7.10 God Working Through Government
- Section 7.11 God Working Through the Demonic
Chapter 8: An Overview of God’s Plan for Mankind
Chapter 9: A New Model of Christianity
Chapter 10: Answering the Case Against Christianity
- Section 10.8 How can God judge people in morally complex circumstances?
- Section 10.21.1 What about the mythological elements of various Bible passages?
- Section 10.24 If God created us, then where did God come from?
Chapter 11: The Case for Christianity
Chapter 12: A Rational Faith
Chapter 13: Resistance to the Message